Excellent communication is essential for any business relationship to generate desired results and a sustained clientele. Standard and quality communication can bring about substantial outcomes in any business. In today’s digital era, where enterprises are continually competing with each other, organizations with the best and efficient communication technology win. The management must come up with innovative ways to surpass the competition. A free SMTP relay service can be a far better and useful tool than conventional email methods for enterprise communication.
SMTP Relay In A Nutshell
Outgoing mail servers regularly face spam and security issues that hamper effective personal and business communication. A mail relay SMTP serves as an effective way to solve such problems. In an outbound email service, the users route all their outgoing emails through an SMTP relay service, which professionals manage. Open mail relay refers to the SMTP server that routes mails both from internal and external servers. On the other hand, a closed relay only routes those emails which are present in an internal network. When an enterprise or user deploys a free SMTP relay service, their email address becomes irrelevant. Hence, be it Gmail, Yahoo, or Outlook, organizations can increase their chances of communication with potential leads when they use a free SMTP gateway. In other words, SMTP relay software allows them to use the email client of their choice without the hassle of managing their SMTP server. SMTP relay O365 and SMTP relay Gmail are famous SMTP outbound email examples.
Setting up a server for handling outbound email as well as inbound email is a complicated affair that eats up into the enterprise’s crucial resources and time. Additionally, with all the intensive efforts, they still need to deal with the deliverability issues. It is so because most email providers flag emails from custom SMTP servers as spam as they have high spam detection barriers.
Advantages Of Using Free SMTP Relay Without Authentication
- It gives users the ability to synchronize a Smarthost server. It is advantageous for enterprises that have a large number of computers connected through CRM. IT teams need only to configure the Smarthost server to manage all the accounts and not each machine individually.
- Organizations that use email marketing software get many more advantages in emails sent through free email SMTP relays. They get a certified IPS prepared for email campaigns, specially designed outbound email templates, ISSIP certification, automatic management of bounces, and a bunch of other features.
Disadvantages Of Using Free SMTP Relay Server Without Authentication
- One of the significant drawbacks of routing mails through a free SMTP relay is that it is insecure and can get compromised easily. Malicious actors keep sending fake emails that may seem to originate even from addresses like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Another disadvantage with a free or cheap SMTP server is the server limitation. The rules of the hosting server and the internet connection limitations dictate how an outgoing email behaves. However, certain SMTP relay services allow the delivery of millions of emails per day, too.
Pointers To Look For While Choosing The Best SMTP Server
You will find a multitude of SMTP servers before you. Which one to choose for your email marketing purposes will depend on various parameters, as listed below.
How Easily The SMTP Relay Software Integrates With The App Or Website
When organizations are looking for free SMTP service with no authentication, they must choose a provider that easily integrates with their existing IT infrastructure. It will cut down the set-up time from days to minutes.
Level Of Support Provided By Free SMTP Provider
There are many issues that an enterprise faces after they deploy a hosted SMTP service. For example, the SMTP inbox’s IP address can get blacklisted, which can cause deliverability issues. Some email providers like Gmail can flag the emails as spam. Thus, the level of support that a hosted SMTP service provider offers becomes crucial while choosing a mail relay SMTP.
Features To Look For In An SMTP Relay Service
Various free SMTP providers offer different characteristics which may not be standard across all platforms. But, one must look for the following standard features when choosing a free email SMTP relay service:
- Domain authentication
- Multiple sender addresses
- Reverse DNS
- Link branding
- Real-time analytics and reports
- Open, click, & complaint tracking
- Bounce rate and blocked message reporting
- Custom DKIM Keys
- Automated bounce handling
- ISP feedback loop data
- Automated IP warm-up
- Suppression management
- GDPR compliance for firms located in the EU
Pricing Of The Hosted SMTP Relay Service
It is the last thing which potential users must consider when they choose an SMTP relay provider. SMTP relay software can range from free to highly expensive ones. Many organizations want the open-source SMTP, which is another name for a free SMTP gateway. However, these servers are hard to configure and very intricate. Usually, a team of experts is needed to set them up. Hence, they do not remain completely free. Also, they may put a cap on the number of emails sent per day.
Sending emails is an essential component of personal and business communication. The concept of SMTP relay service is one of high importance to any business, and they must understand to use it in an efficient way. With its inherent advantages such as improving email deliverability, reducing queue times, and click-and-open analytics, SMTP relays services are inevitable for effective business communication and marketing in any standard organization.